, Pro-Fit Founder
Success Leaves a Trail
A highly sought-after fitness trainer and athlete coach, Aaron’s skills range from working with fitness enthusiasts to expertly training numerous professional and top-level athletes from around the area.
To date, Aaron has professionally helped hundreds of individuals lose weight, and get in the best shapes of their lives. His experience broadly varies from helping individuals get off those few extra pounds, to expertly helping several individuals lose more than 100lbs. Whatever your fitness goals he has the expertise to help you get to where you want to go.
Athletes he’s directly worked with and developed include; 13 Professional Athletes, 64 All-State Athletes, and 70 Collegiate Athletes (including 51 Div. I). This list includes a Team USA Beach Volleyball Player, a World Champion Boxer, a Premier Soccer League Player, 3 Professional Baseball Players, 3 Professional Basketball Players, an Olympic Figure Skating Hopeful, and a First Round Major League Draft Pick.
His educational experiences include working with some of the nation’s top strength and conditioning coaches including the Iowa football and Olympic programs, as well as former Husker Power strength coaches at Xplosive Edge in Omaha, Nebraska. Aaron’s approach to fitness is heavily influenced through time spent with Pavel Tsautsoline in the Russian Kettlebell Challenges and Brian Grasso with the International Youth Conditioning Association.
- 2004 ACE American Council on Exercise – Personal Trainer
- 2006 USA University of Iowa – Health and Sports Studies
- 2006 USA Weightlifting Club Coach
- 2006 RKC Russian Kettlebell Challenge – Russian Kettlebell Instructor Level I
- 2007 NSCA National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- 2008 RKC Russian Kettlebell Challenge – Russian Kettlebell Instructor Level II
- 2008 IYCA International Youth Conditioning Association – Youth Fitness Specialist Level I
- 2008 IYCA International Youth Conditioning Association – Youth Fitness Specialist Level II
- 2009 USATF USA Track and Field – Club Coach Level I
- 2009 FMS Functional Movement Screen – FMS Instructor Level I
- 2010 CF CrossFit – CrossFit Instructor Level I
- 2014 StrongFirst – StrongFirst Instructor Level I
- 2014 StrongFirst – StrongFirst Instructor Level II
- 2014 Certified Functional Strength Coach
Fitness Related Experience
- Pro-Fit Gym in Coralville, IA: Manager/Director of Fitness August 2011 – Present / Founder and Owner August 2011 – Present
- Fit2Live Gym in Iowa City, IA: Manager/Director of Fitness March 2008 – June 2011 / Founder and
- Co-Owner March 2008 – June 2011
North Dodge Athletic Club in Iowa City, IA: Fitness/Personal Training Director July 2006 – April 2008
- Iowa Olympic Sports Strength and Conditioning in Iowa City, IA: Internship January 2006 – May 2006
- Iowa Football Strength and Conditioning in Iowa City, IA: Internship September 2006 – January 2006
- Gold’s Gym in Coralville, IA: Personal Training Director August 2004 – July 2006
- Xplosive Edge Human Performance Center in Omaha, NE: Internship May 2005 – July 2005
Valley View Athletic Club in La Crosse, WI: Membership Services/Desk Services August 2003 – July 2004
- VVAC Fitness Xpress in La Crosse, WI: Membership Services/Desk Services August 2003 – July 2004
Advocare Nutrition: World Class Nutrition, 2001 – Present
- Northern Illinois Strength and Conditioning Workshop in Dekalb, IL: Consulted all strength staff under the direction of Eric Klein (U of Minnesota Football) in the use and implementation of Kettlebells into a strength and conditioning program – May, 2010
- International Youth Conditioning Association – Consulted with IYCA Founder Brian Grasso, Speed and Agility Camp for Soccer Players Peoria, IL 2009
- Carleton College Strength and Conditioning Workshop in Northfield, MN: Consulted Women’s Basketball Team including a training workshop for players and exercise programming in Summer of 2009
- 2001 IOWA Shrine Football Captain
- 2001, 2002 UNI University of Northern Iowa Football Team Member
- 2008 RKC Internationally Ranked Top 10 Kettlebell Instructor
- 2008 RKC Russian Kettlebell Challenge Level I Certification – Course Instructor
- 2010 RKC Russian Kettlebell Challenge Level II Certification – Course Instructor
- 2012 RKC Russian Kettlebell Challenge Level II Certification – Course Instructor
- 2013 RKC Russian Kettlebell Challenge Level II Certification – Course Instructor
Regarding Youth Fitness Development
- 2009 IYCA International Youth Fitness Conditioning – Member of the Week
- 2009 IYCA Featured Expert Interview on the International Youth Conditioning Association Members Site
You get out of life what you put into it – create your destiny.
I’ve seen and felt tremendous increases in the areas we have focused on for my profession.Wes Obermueller, Florida Marlins, Pitcher
My experience has been great with Aaron. Using the kettlebells has been a very nice alternative to the regular lifting that everyone is used to. All the exercises with them has been very specific for my profession. I’ve seen and felt tremendous increases in the areas we have focused on for my profession. I highly recommend workouts in the future for others as well as myself with what I have accomplished with Aaron.
Aaron has been a major influence for meJon Gilmore, Iowa City, IA (Atlanta Braves, First Round Draft Pick)
Aaron has been a major influence for me in developing powerful hips and overall explosiveness. His kettlebell instruction was also huge for increases in my flexibility and core strength. Aaron has always gone above and beyond in showing me new exercises and instruction. If you are involved in any type of athletic competition or are just looking for a great way to stay in shape, Aaron is the man you want to see.
I increased my vertical jump by 12.5 inchesJessica Gehrke, Iowa City West/Florida International Under-Armour H.S. All-American – Volleyball, State Girls 100M Record Holder –Track
I worked with Aaron all 4 years of high school. In that time I increased my vertical jump by 12.5 inches (35”) and increased my speed on the track.
After 1 month of working with Aaron, I am bigger, faster, and strongerTom Parratt, Professional Soccer – Scottish Premiere League
I’ve been playing professional soccer for 15 years, but after 1 month of working with Aaron, I am bigger, faster, and stronger than I have ever been. It’s not just lifting weights for the sake of it, it’s practical and sport specific. It’s perfect for me during the off-season so I can get back to the top of my game.